Share Your Skills and Experience
Make a significant impact on an immigrant’s life.
Professional mentoring links practicing professionals and skilled immigrants in the same occupation and provides a valuable learning opportunity for both participants. Mentors can provide informal advice, connections, moral support, and entry into professional networks that allow a skilled immigrant to break into the job market at a level comparable with her or his training and education.
The Mentorship Program:
- promotes professional connections
- helps internationally-trained professionals build confidence and identify realistic career goals
- provides insight into the professional terminology used in the local industry
- provides insight into the work culture in Nova Scotia
- Enhance your leadership and coaching skills
- Develop your cross-cultural communication skills
- Gain a better understanding of the skills and experience that immigrants bring to the workplace
- Become more aware of the job market and industry trends